Cherry Pie Cookies
Delicious butter thumbprint cookies with delicious cherry pie filling in the center. This is the perfect holiday cookie!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 21 ounce Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ cup white chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer beat together butter, and margarine until fluffy. Add flour powdered sugar, and vanilla just until combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. about 2 inches apart. Make an indentation in the center of each ball. Scoop 1-2 cherries into each center indentation in the cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool. Melt the ½ cup white chocolate in the microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time in a microwave safe dish until smooth and be careful not to let it burn.
- Once chocolate is melted scoop into a ziplock blog. Snip the corner with scissors and drizzle the chocolate over each cookie.
If you want to add a little bit of nutty flavor to the butter cookie, add ¼ cup finely ground walnuts or pecans.