DIY BIRD FEEDERS
what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup birdseed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small envelope of knox gelatin
- twine or string
- cookie cutters, molds or mason jar lids
- wax paper
what you’ll do:
- mix together the envelope of gelatin with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a simmer while stirring. continue stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.
- remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- stir in the 3/4 cup birdseed. adding a little more if there is liquid still in the bottom of the pan.
- lay your cookie cutters out on wax paper and fill half way with the birdseed mixture.
- cut your twine, knot the end and push the knot down into your birdseed.
- continue filling with birdseed, covering the end of your twine and knot.
- push the birdseed evenly into the cookie cutter until it’s full.
- allow them to dry overnight. turning them over every now and then.
- remove from the cookie cutters and hang them in your trees.
- then wait by the window to watch for your first guest.
this post was originally shared on Design Dazzle as part of their Summer Camp series.